ArcGIS for AutoCAD
The Latest Release of ArcGIS for AutoCAD 335 is available NOW
In the fall of 2016, ESRI released the new version of ArcGIS for AutoCAD. Here is a short article about this new release, plus a video with more information.
What IS ArcGIS for AutoCAD?
ArcGIS for AutoCAD is a free, downloadable plug-in application for AutoCAD that provides interoperability between AutoCAD and ArcGIS. Within the AutoCAD environment, you gain easy access to GIS maps in the form of map services, image services, and feature services hosted by ArcGIS Enterprise, or maps, imagery and feature sources you discover on ArcGIS Online.
Additionally, ArcGIS for AutoCAD allows you to edit ArcGIS data created locally within the AutoCAD drawing or exported from ArcGIS Desktop.
Click HERE to for a free download from ESRI
Use ArcGIS for AutoCAD to:
- Access GIS data inside AutoCAD.
- View live, rich cartographic GIS maps in AutoCAD.
- Add imagery to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Edit geodatabases through ArcGIS feature services using AutoCAD.
- Prepare CAD drawings for GIS electronic submittal (including attributed GIS feature classes) without exchanging Shapefiles.
- Streamline information sharing between GIS and CAD groups.
- Organize existing CAD data as GIS data sets inside your AutoCAD drawing to be used in ArcGIS Desktop.
- View attributed GIS data sets inside .DWG files exported from ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro).
- Navigate your AutoCAD drawings based on street addresses or place names.
Watch a Video on the Newest Features!
Click Here to watch: